Job Opportunity | Consultancy to support comms around the UN High Level Meeting
The World Health Organization (WHO) Global TB Programme (GTB) is looking for a Consultant to support advocacy, information dissemination and communications around the UN High Level Meeting on TB and beyond.
Heads of State will gather in New York on 26 September this year at the United Nations General Assembly first-ever high-level meeting on tuberculosis (TB) to accelerate efforts in ending TB and reach all affected people with prevention and care. The theme of the meeting is “United to end tuberculosis: an urgent global response to a global epidemic”. The high-level meeting on TB is a tremendous and unprecedented step forward by governments and all partners engaged in the fight against TB. It follows on from a very successful Ministerial Conference on Ending TB in Moscow on 16-17 November, 2017 which resulted in high-level commitments from Ministers and other leaders from 120 countries to accelerate progress to end TB. The high-level meeting should result in an ambitious Political Declaration on TB endorsed by Heads of State that will strengthen action and investments for the end TB response, saving millions of lives.
The Consultant will support the Global TB Programme in communications around the High Level Meeting and beyond.
Planned timelines (subject to confirmation):
Start date: 15/09/2018
End date: 30/11/2018
- At least 20 years experience in global health or development-related media relations and communications, including writing news stories/features, press releases, developing publications, working with editors and graphic designers, and with diverse partner agencies, including national health authorities and civil society partners;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal communications skills, including development of infographics and other social media assets;
- Experience in website management, particularly Webit and also MailChimp;
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team;
- Experience working in multicultural environments.
Skills / Technical skills and knowledge:
- Prior experience working with the World Health Organization or other UN/multilateral agency;
- Prior experience working on global health and communicable disease communications;
- Overall project planning, contracting and large meeting coordination;
- Applicants should provide a cover note explaining why they are suited for the task along with a profile of their organization and a sample of their work;
- A telephone/skype interview may be undertaken to finalize the selection.
PLACE OF ASSIGNMENT:
Deadline for applications:
12 September 2018, 23:00H CET
Hannah Monica Dias (email@example.com), Technical Officer, Global TB Programme, WHO, GenevaBack